Spot Removal Steps in Mount Horeb
1. Act Quickly! Most carpeting that is available in Mount Horeb homes today have been treated with a stain-resistant treatment, so many spots and spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the delay, the higher the likelihood of a spot or spill becoming a permanent stain on your carpets. Remember, that staining can be influenced by several factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with a dry, white, absorbent cloth or white paper toweling, that includes no printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the affected area may cause pile distortion to the location. Continue to use paper towels or a dry cloth until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain the solution will not damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a dry, white cloth onto the wet area for several seconds. Examine the carpet and the cloth for any color change, color transfer, or damage to the carpet. If a change does occur, select another cleaning solution to try.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a dry, white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub the area! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible, and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step multiple times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change the paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may also be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call Chem-Dry of Madison in Mount Horeb, WI today at (608) 271-5900 to order with your next carpet cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call Chem-Dry of Madison in Mount Horeb, WI at (608) 271-5900 to see how we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice.