Chem-Dry of Madison Filtration Soiling
(Those ugly black lines around the baseboards and under doorways)
If you have light colored carpet, you may have experienced these dark lines that appear on the carpet. This soiling is called filtration soiling because it comes from air passing through the carpet. The dirt gets in the cracks between the carpet and the baseboard or under a closed door. This occurs over a significant period of time and is not noticed until a build-up has occurred.
This type of soiling is difficult to remove because the soil particles are so fine that they penetrate deep into the carpet pile, sometimes into the backing of the carpet. Can it be removed? Sometimes. With special products, time and effort, reasonable results can be achieved. Call Chem-Dry of Madison at (608) 271-5900 for a free phone consultation and estimate. To help prevent filtration soiling, vacuum and wipe the edges of the carpeting on a regular basis.
- Carpet Care Tips with Chem-Dry of Madison
- Basic Rug Care In Madison
- Chem-Dry of Madison Filtration Soiling
- Spot Removal Steps from Chem-Dry of Madison
- Urine Odor Removal Tips from Chem-Dry of Madison
- Wool Carpet Care Tips for Chem-Dry of Madison