Spot Removal Steps in Bishops Bay
1. Act Quickly! Most carpets that are available today have already have been treated with a stain-resist treatment, so many spots and spills can be removed from your carpets if immediate action is taken. The longer the you wait, the higher the likelihood of a spill becoming a permanent stain on your carpet. Remember, staining is usually influenced by several factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with an absorbent, dry, white cloth or paper toweling with no printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the location may cause pile distortion to the damaged area on your carpet. Continue to use a dry cloth or paper towel until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until they are completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain that the cleaning solution will not damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area on your carpet, hold down a white cloth to the wet area for 10 seconds. Examine the carpet and cloth for any color change, color transfer or damage to the carpet. If a change does occur, then you should select another cleaning solution to try.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a white cloth and gently work it into the carpet.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the damage from spreading and making the problem worse. Do not scrub the affected area! Blot to absorb as much of the stain as possible and repeat if its necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution can successfully remove the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step multiple times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with a dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not removed completely.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change the paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may also be used as a substitute to accelerate the drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry’s World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call Chem-Dry of Madison in Bishops Bay, WI today at (608) 271-5900 to order with your next cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spill, please call Chem-Dry of Madison in Bishops Bay, WI at (608) 271-5900 to see how we can help. Many fiber manufacturers will also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice hotline.
- Carpet Care Tips in Bishops Bay
- Basic Rug Care in Bishops Bay
- Filtration Soiling in Bishops Bay
- Spot Removal Steps in Bishops Bay
- Urine Odor Removal Tips in Bishops Bay
- Wool Carpet Care Tips in Bishops Bay